1. Beside these, therefore, brethren, we ask you and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, just as ye have received from us how you should walk and please God, even so walk, so that ye will abound more and more.
2. For ye know the instructions we gave to you, through the Lord Jesus.
3. For this is the will of God, that ye be sanctified; that ye abstain from fornication .
4. See to it that each of you by himself, has self-control over his own vessel in holiness and honour.
5. Not in lustful passion, just as those Gentiles that do not know the only God,
6. None of you should go beyond what is right and covet that which is his brother’s own, because the Lord is the avenger of every such thing, even as we said before to you, and constantly testified.
7. For we are not called by God to uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8. Wherefore then, whoever rejects this, does not reject man, but God; who is the one that gave us the Spirit of himself, the Holy One , and also [gave] to you.
9. But concerning love of a brother [or a sister] , it is not necessary I write to you, for ye yourselves are taught by God to love one another.
10. For indeed, you do so already yourselves towards all the brethren who are within and throughout all Makedonia. And we exhort you, brethren, do so exceedingly more and more.
11. And be valuable friends, live quietly, and do your own business, and work with your hands, just as you have been enjoined to do [by us].
12. So that ye may walk becomingly towards those that are outside, and none of you be in need.
13. I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those that have slept, so that ye do not grieve as the rest of them who are not having hope.
14. For if you believe that Jesus died and rose [again], in like manner also, God shall make those who are asleep, to be taken with himself, through Jesus.
15. For this, we speak to you the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who remain at the coming of the Lord, will not go before those who are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God shall descend from heaven, and those who are dead in Christ shall rise first.
17. Thereafter, we who are alive, and who remain, shall together with them at the same time with himself, be snatched up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the atmosphere , and thus shall we always be with the Lord.
18. So speak comfortably with one another with these words of his.
Started translation 18:51 pm 4th January, 2017, Completed 03:04 am 5th January, 2017.